Haven't Submitted Your Competitive Bids Yet? Here's What You Need to Know.
Insurance, Bonds & Risk Management
on September 09, 2019
The deadline to submit your competitive bids is Sept. 18. If you haven’t already submitted your bids, make plans to do it this week.
Do you have a bid bond yet? If you haven’t applied for your Bid Bonds yet, the time is now! The bonds take a few days to process and the bid window closes Wednesday Sept. 18th. Remember that you need a Bid Bond for each CBA you plan to bid. Apply online today or call VGM Insurance at 866-497-0472. VGM Insurance will be accepting applications until Friday, Sept. 13th.
Make sure your financial documents are uploaded in Connexion and are in accordance with the Request for Bids (RFB) Instructions. Ensure that:
- Your documents are not password protected before uploading in Connexion.
- Form A in DBidS is complete and approved
- Form B is complete and certified by your authorized official (AO) or backup authorized official (BAO).
Submitting your bids—VGM DC Link website has innovative calculators that show the impact certain bid prices will have on the bottom line of your business, allowing you to accurately determine your bid price and capacity.
Check to make sure:
- Check your status page. Any update to Form A or Form B by the AO, a BAO, or an end user (EU) may require Form A to be re-approved or Form B to be re-certified.
- The bid amount(s) on your bid sheet on Form B in DBidS is accurate and bona fide.
- Your enrollment data with the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) is reflected in the Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) and is up to date.
- Licensure and accreditation for each location on your bid(s) is reflected in PECOS.
- Registered users’ (AO, BAO, and EU) email addresses are current in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Enterprise Portal.
For some additional guidance, here is a recorded webinar that Mark Higley, Craig Douglas, and Ronda Buhrmester presented on July 9, covering all aspects of the competitive bidding program.
Also check the consortium competitive bidding education website, which condenses information from myriad sources and presents it in a digestible way.
Make sure to check the CBIC Website for other resources, including their own webcasts, information of CBA county and zip code delineations, and much more.
Go to the Connexion portal to submit your bids. Make plans to do so this week to allow time for getting your last-minute questions answered before the deadline.
Good luck and feel free to reach out to the VGM Government Relations and Regulatory Team if you have any additional questions.
comments powered by