Becoming Part of Something Bigger with VGM at Medtrade East
on November 01, 2022
Medtrade East took place Oct. 24-26, 2022, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA, and VGM was proud to attend such a remarkable event. From speaking in multiple education sessions to hosting workshops and a power lunch, while also offering exciting show specials and welcoming new members at our booth #912, VGM displayed to attendees what it means to be part of something bigger.
Becoming Part of Something Bigger
VGM was proud to meet so many new faces during Medtrade East and welcome them into the VGM family.
Education Sessions and Workshops
Workshops and educational sessions took place throughout the show, and many VGM thought leaders had the opportunity to present and share their insight on a variety of topics.
Federal Legislative and Regulatory Track
- How to Participate in Legislative Advocacy by John Gallagher, VP, VGM Government Relations
- What to Expect from CMS & Washington, D.C.: Anticipated Regulations and How They Will Affect You by Mark Higley, VP, Regulatory Affairs; Ronda Buhrmester, Sr. Director, Payer Relations; and Craig Douglas, VP, Payer and Member Relations, VGM Government Relations
Sales & Marketing Track
- Marketing Metrics - Social Media and Branding by Christina Throndson, Business Development, VGM Moxie
- Increasing Sales: Key Performance Indicators by Dave Lyman, SVP, Sales, VGM & Associates; Ty Bello, President and Founder, Team@Work; and Rebecca Small, VP DME / HME Business Development, Team@Work LLC
- Brand Identity in a Consumer Referral Driven Market by Christina Throndson, Business Development, VGM Moxie
- Patient Engagement: Key Component in Building Your Business by Sarah Conger, VP of Customer Service and Curt Graff, Senior VP, VGM Fulfillment
- Unpacking the Changes to the Oxygen Policy by Ronda Buhrmester, Sr. Director, Payer Relations, VGM and Noel Neil, Vice President of Auditing and Corporate Compliance, ACU-Serve Corp
- Current and Future Audits: How to Prepare for and Respond by Kelly Grahovac, Senior Consultant, The van Halem Group and Denise Leard, Attorney, Brown & Fortunato, PC
- 60 Day Rule and Six Year Lookback: Understanding Your Obligations by Wayne van Halem, President, The van Halem Group; Kelly Grahovac, Senior Consultant, The van Halem Group; and Denise Leard, Attorney, Brown & Fortunato, PC
- Preparing for and Responding to HIPAA Audits by Kelly Grahovac, Senior Consultant, The van Halem Group and Nick Dideriksen, Senior IT Analyst, VGM Forbin
- After the PHE: Which Requirements Will Remain Gone...and Which Will Come Back? by Wayne van Halem, President, The van Halem Group and Kelly Grahovac, Senior Consultant, The van Halem Group
Business Operations Track
- Billing and Reimbursement Benchmarking: Comparison to Your Competition by Ronda Buhrmester, Sr. Director, Payer Relations, VGM and Miriam Lieber, President, Lieber Consulting LLC
Payer Relations Track
- Gaining Access to Insurance Plans and Negotiating Key Contract Terms by Craig Douglas, VP of Payer and Member Relations, VGM
- E-Prescribing: Where We Are and Where We Are Going by Wayne van Halem, President, The van Halem Group; Jason Farmer, CEO, Stratice Health; Catie Moser, Parachute Health; Nupura Kolwalkar, Chief Product Officer, Brightree; and John Brady, CEO, DMEscripts
While our experts could be found anywhere throughout the show, many VGM team members could be found in booth #912, displaying the variety of solutions and resources to help our members’ HME businesses succeed.
Several of VGM’s services were on display at the booth, including:
- VGM Market Data
- The van Halem Group
- VGM Forbin
- Strategic Imaging
- VGM Insurance
- VGM Financial Services
- VGM Education
- VGM HOMELINK
Networking and Social Events
On Tuesday, Oct. 25, VGM sponsored a power lunch, which consisted of roundtable discussions on a variety of topics impacting HME businesses, including the supply chain, respiratory and resupply, compliance and audits, and billing and reimbursement.
Tuesday night is when VGM members and vendors got together to unwind at the VGM Member/Vendor Party at the College Football Hall of Fame.
Medtrade East was a spectacular show, and VGM thanks all who engaged with us so we could demonstrate that when you are part of VGM, you are part of something bigger. As announced earlier this year, Medtrade will combine Medtrade West and Medtrade East into one single tradeshow starting in 2023. VGM looks forward to seeing you at Medtrade 2023 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas on March 28-30, 2023!