VGM Requests Congressional Support Regarding COVID-19
on March 16, 2020
VGM Government recently sent letters to the offices of Secretary of HHS, Alex Azar and CMS Administrator, Seema Verma. The letters were also sent to the offices of Sen. Chuck Grassley and Sen. Ron Wyden (Chairman and Ranking Member of Senate Finance Committees).
The letter contains the following requests:
- CMS to suspend adding NIV to the 2021 competitive bidding program.
- CMS to extend the current blended rate in rural non-CBAs and initiate a blended rate for non-rural CBAs in 2021 to protect access to critical home medical equipment.
- Leniency with home medical suppliers to be able to accept and submit claims when telehealth visit is performed
- CMS to reduce burdensome paperwork on physicians and suppliers (CMNs)
- Coverage and reimbursement for necessary home medical equipment, supplies and services provided to patients confirmed with COVID-19
- CMS to prioritize the provision of PPE for HME suppliers
We encourage state associations and all members to send letters to their congressional offices. Each state may have specific questions and issues to address based on your area and region. Create your own letter that has requests and data based on your state and county. Click here to find your congressional offices contact information.
We encourage you to continue to be in contact with your local hospitals and health departments for updates in your areas.
comments powered by