What Do You, As An Employer, Need To Do About The Coronavirus?
on February 28, 2020
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), and with a total of 15 confirmed cases in the United States as of February 28 and more than 450 tested, your employees may start asking questions about work, travel, how to help customers, etc.
In the article, “Coronavirus Outbreak Causes Employers to Consider Precautionary Steps,” Emma Follansbee covers best practices for employers:
- Communication and education
- Reinforce sick leave policies
- Consider a temporary travel opt-out policy
- Offering medical opinions and misinformation
- Employee medical examinations and quarantines
- Do not prevent certain employees from traveling over others
Click here to read the full article.
And for up-to-date information from the CDC, click here.