This Event has expired.
[Webinar CEU] Clinical Applications of Capnography and Ventilation Monitoring
|| Tuesday, March 24, 2020
||1:00pm - 2:00pm
The use of EtCO2 to screen large populations of COPD/LTOT patients to select appropriate candidates for NIV therapy is new and somewhat controversial. There is a lot of misunderstanding concerning the relationship between EtCO2 and PaCO2 especially in the face of severe lung disease, as they do not correlate. But with 1.8 million patients on LTOT, there are tens of thousands of LTOT patients who would benefit greatly from NIV therapy.
This presentation will help clear up these misunderstandings and cover the appropriate use and expectations for EtCO2 monitoring in these select patients. Our discussion will include the use of trended respiratory rate (RR) as a predictor of chronic failure turning to acute failure. We will also discuss the use of NIV therapy as part of a disease management program and not just as a standalone vent.
- Physiology and Clinical Value of Ventilation Monitoring
- Which COPD/LTOT patients are currently considered the most appropriate candidates for NIV therapy.
- Understand that ETCO2 and PaCO2 do not correlate in patients with severe lung disease.
- How to use EtCO2 data to screen large populations
- How to use EtCO2 data to demonstrate/document efficacy of therapy
- The importance of machine data coupled with physiologic data in a successful NIV program.
- Troubleshooting and Technical Considerations
Presenter Name and Title: Timothy Quinn, RRT Company: Masimo Email: [email protected] Phone: 443-987-8785
VGM Members can Register Here!
Back to Listing