A Note from the VP, Jim Greatorex: January 2021
on January 25, 2021
Happy New Year Live at Home Members!
We are excited about the potential this year brings to the home accessibility industry. Even though we will likely be challenged in the first quarter with COVID-related issues, we believe this year could be the turning point for the industry as a whole and our members’ businesses. There will be much more public awareness, demand for our services will grow, and the industry will evolve and mature at a greater pace.
Since October, we have had on a weekly basis a great new opportunity show itself to us in some way, shape, or form. It has been either a new referral source looking for home accessibility solutions, a business proposal that could bring more awareness and project leads to our members, a new relationship with a key advocate for aging in place, great new product solutions, or seeing support build for efforts to get a new federal home accessibility bill introduced. I very much believe that quarters three and four of this year will be a coming-of-age for us and with it, many will be challenged with growing pains - a great problem to have!
Here is a list of some things to come from us in 2021
- Education on best practices for recruiting and retaining great employees
- Education on ethics for home-based services for seniors
- Sharing marketing ideas that will help members become leaders in their markets
- Introducing you to our new friend, Senior Care Kelly
- Bringing you some great new manufacturers with innovative products and solutions
- Working together to get a federal accessibility bill introduced
- Working on new revenue streams for home accessibility
- Connecting with companies of all kinds to promote our Select Member Program in unique ways
The keys to success for us are to focus on simple business concepts. Be customer focused! Do the job right; focus on quality and building consumer trust. This practice allows you to not have to discount your pricing in order to get business. Find something that sets you apart from others in your market and make yourself an expert. The business is out there, we just have to earn it one well-executed project and happy customer at a time.
Thank you for your membership. We love working with our dedicated members.
Let’s rock 2021!
- home modifications
- vgm live at home