A Note from the VP, Jim Greatorex: September 2022
on September 28, 2022
We are about to close the third quarter of 2022, and we believe this year has certainly been the turning point we all knew was coming. We have seen some significant merger and acquisition activity, the start of new programs to take our industry to the next significant growth phase, and new investment in the senior homecare market, which has a direct and indirect influence on the home access market. Many of us have seen high percentage growth, albeit in our current economy’s unprecedented challenges. We are seeing the retail market and public awareness of home access grow, which will sequentially trigger the rapid growth predicted for several years. In turn, we have spent a lot of time working in our business and not enough working on our business.
Therefore, I want to personally invite you to our Building Opportunities Summit in Tampa, Florida from Nov. 10-12. Just like you, the Live at Home team has been working hard this year to build programs and resources which will help our members be able to meet the growing demand and provide the necessary industry infrastructure for sustainable growth. The theme of the conference is “Working together to define, professionalize, and grow the home access industry.” I firmly believe any executive or manager who attends this event will gain insights, relationships, and tools to help you navigate upcoming growth opportunities and re-energize and excite you about the future of your company and the industry as a whole.
Highlights of the conference:
There will be several installer trainings available on Friday and Saturday in Tampa.
On the first night of the conference, Thursday, Nov. 10, we will have our welcome reception and exhibit hall open to preview.
Friday tracks include:
- Industry Update – The Future is Now – Learn in an inspiring way as we share how manufacturers, member companies, and industry partners like VGM can work together to build a professional industry of “go-to” home access companies.
- Steve Dawson, CEO of Harmar, will share inexpensive ways to market your business to grow.
- Introduction to a draft of the apprentice program we have been working on with Rob Leonard from the Build Smart Institute and several leading Live at Home members.
- Learn about the workman’s compensation industry with HOMELINK’s new leader in home modification, Jill Fauver.
- Retail Sales Training with Jim Bland, CEO of Senior Home Services. Jim has been a sales leader in a very accomplished career and will share helpful sales and closing skills.
- Industry Trends – An open panel discussion on where the industry is going and how we reach our potential.
- Stay in-house for a banquet, awards, and some great entertainment from the five-star comedian/magician Dewayne Hill.
- Bill Bohmbach, a new member with 40 years of experience in the home and commercial elevator industry, and Dylan McConville from our new partner, Pollock, describe the home elevator market and how to participate.
- Whitepaper draft reveal – We had several members and leading occupational therapists collaborate on best practices. They will share and ask for your input on ways to work together to bring the best outcome to clients who require home modifications.
- The residential overhead lift market has experienced some market changes recently. We will have a manufacturer discuss the challenges with some member companies who excel in this category.
- Nina Creech from Whole Home Innovation will share her company’s unique business model and market studies she has been involved with in-home access.
- We will finish the conference with round table discussion options. You get to choose which subjects you want to sit in on.
We have confirmation that most of our leading members will have representation at this conference, and we are expecting 100-125 executives and managers to attend. We guarantee that you will receive value beyond the cost of this conference and will refund your registration if not satisfied.
Together, be part of something bigger at the VGM Live at Home Building Opportunities Summit!
We can’t wait to see you there!