Resources and Information
This is a resource page for industry-specific news related to CRT and COVID-19.
CRT Industry COVID-19 Update
Thursday, October 1 at 3:00 PM CT
Join NCART, NRRTS, U.S. Rehab, and the Clinician Task Force for more updates related to providing CRT and supporting services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Complex Rehab Highlights on CMS Waivers and Rules
- While it appears PT/OT may be eligible for telehealth there remains questions about the viability of billing and documentation therefore as of this notification telehealth for PTs and OTs is not recommended for the wheelchair evaluation (LCMP specialty evaluation).
- CMS indicated that PA will be paused for certain DMEPOS items however as of this notification we don't know which items but are assuming power wheelchairs since they are one of only a few items that require PA and we do not know once implemented if this PAUSE means unavailable or optional. More to come.
- This replacement disaster policy doesn't change anything as it is due to loss of item due to a disaster (such as hurricane, flood, etc.) which is not applicable to the Covid-19 emergency.
- ATP involvement as of today remains the same as there is no guidance on that and trunk and limb measurements are required to determine the proper equipment therefore in person would still be practical.
- Signature requirements HAVE BEEN Loosened (see below).
- Advance payment is enacted (see below).
- Signature Requirements: CMS is waiving signature and proof of delivery requirements for Part B drugs and Durable Medical Equipment when a signature cannot be obtained because of the inability to collect signatures. Suppliers should document in the medical record the appropriate date of delivery and that a signature was not able to be obtained because of COVID-19.
- Accelerated/Advance Payments: In order to increase cash flow to providers impacted by COVID-19, CMS has expanded our current Accelerated and Advance Payment Program. An accelerated/advance payment is a payment intended to provide necessary funds when there is a disruption in claims submission and/or claims processing. CMS is authorized to provide accelerated or advance payments during the period of the public health emergency to any Medicare provider/supplier who submits a request to the appropriate Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) and meets the required qualifications. Each MAC will work to review requests and issue payments within seven calendar days of receiving the request. Traditionally, repayment of these advance/accelerated payments begins at 90 days, however for the purposes of the COVID-19 pandemic, CMS has extended the repayment of these accelerated/advance payments to begin 120 days after the date of issuance of the payment. Providers can get more information on this process here.
The U.S. Rehab team is dedicated to helping you navigate COVID-19. Please review the documents and below and reach out to the team with any questions.
In the News:
- Permobil is offering CEUs and webinars, one-per-week, from now through mid-May that dealers and clinicians can sign-up for no charge! Click to register!
- Additional Permobil CEU credits:
- Permobil has over 20 different CEU courses that are available On-Demand for your learning. And during the next few months Permobil will be extending their Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon code. You will follow the link below, register your email, select your courses, add them to your cart and enter B1G1 before checking out. One time use per person please, so if you think you want lots of CEUs, check out with 3 in your cart and get 3 free. Click here to view.
Previous Webinar Recordings and Handouts:
Federal Financial Support to Help Suppliers Keep Their Doors Open
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM CT
Presenters: Dan Fedor and Greg Packer of U.S. Rehab; Craig Douglas and Mark Higley of VGM Government Relations
The Federal Government has initiated 4 prongs of financial support for HME suppliers to ensure they can remain open and continue taking care of patients. They realize just how important HME suppliers are in the mix to keep patients at home or get patients home that are in a nursing home/hospital and have included HME suppliers in the relief to support this cause. This webinar focuses on the 4 prongs of Federal Financial Support that is available and how to access it if needed.
- You can also click here to find all the appropriate links regarding the HHS stimulus payments, the Paycheck Protection Program, the EIDL loans, and more.
CRT Industry COVID-19 Update
Thursday, April 2 at 3:00 PM CT
The COVID-19 virus is presenting significant challenges in all aspects of life, including the safe and timely provision of Complex Rehab Technology (CRT) and supporting services. This initial webinar will provide an update for CRT providers, manufacturers, and clinicians allowing for information sharing and open discussion. We’ll cover what is currently known, what is being pursued, and what lies ahead. The presentation is sponsored by NCART, NRRTS, U.S. Rehab, and the Clinician Task Force.
Thursday, April 9 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, April 16 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, April 23 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, April 30, 2020 | 3:00 p.m. CT
Thursday, May 7 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, May 14 at 3:00 p.m. CDT
Thursday, May 28 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, June 11 at 3:00 p.m. CDT
Thursday, June 25 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, July 23 at 3:00 PM CT
Thursday, August 20 at 3:00 PM CT