Grassroots Advocates Needed! Be a Part of VGM and AAHomecare's Grassroots Accountability Project
on August 06, 2020
As you may already know, VGM and AAHomecare are working together with each state association to revamp the Grassroots Accountability Project (GAP) to enhance the resources and bolster grassroots efforts nationwide. The goal of this project is to have an HME spokesperson in every congressional district of the country. This person will be responsible for relaying the issues and asks of the industry to their member of Congress and/or Senators.
If we ever want improvements made in the HME industry, we need support from a large majority of Congress.
See video below or click here:
Becoming and HME Advocate doesn’t require a lot of additional work.
Qualified candidates must be willing to…
- speak broadly about the issues within the HME industry
- speak specifically about health issues that affect you, your business and the patients you serve
- speak regularly with your member of Congress’ staff
- reach out to the congressional office asking for support when legislation arises
- build a working relationship with your member of Congress’ office
VGM and AAHomecare’s staff are working to arm you with everything you need by…
- providing brief education sessions on how to speak with your member of Congress
- providing talking points for your discussions with the congressional offices
- providing any needed support and encouragement along the way
You don’t need to be politically involved or know a lot about politics to be an advocate. You just need to be willing to talk to your congressperson or their staff about the issues.
If possible, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org (including name, company, e-mail) by August 31st.
We are excited to work with you on grassroots efforts! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about this!