U.S. Rehab understands the importance of properly trained personnel, including your wheelchair repair technicians.
U.S. Rehab Tech Training is two days of in-person education and hands-on experience with manual and power wheelchair repair. This one-stop shop helps technicians meet CMS DMEPOS Quality Standards. Technical trainers from Ki Mobility, Merits/Avid Rehab, MK Battery, Motion Concepts, Permobil, and Sunrise Medical will present product specifics and work through basic repair strategies, troubleshooting, and programming. Tech Training participants have the choice between a basic or an advanced track, accommodating for experience level.
NOTE: VGM or U.S. Rehab membership is required to attend this event.
Tech Training Dates and Locations
March 5-6, 2024
April 16-17, 2024
September 10-11, 2024
Cost for Tech Training
- VGM Member Only - $500
- U.S. Rehab Member Only - $450
- Identify the tools that a wheelchair technician needs to rapidly correctly diagnose and perform repairs on manual and power wheelchairs.
- Explain the operation of the major electrical components used in wheelchair controllers.
- Demonstrate the procedures necessary to trouble shoot electrical issues with wheelchair electronics.
- Select and inspect batteries for the DME industry.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, VGM Education offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard.
To receive education credit, attendees must:
Sign/Check in before the sessions begins
Be present for at least 90% of the session
Complete an evaluation at the conclusion of the session
VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 1.6 CEUs for this program.
How Do You Know Which Tech Training Track To Take?
Basic Track - Best suited for technicians with up to two years of rehab industry technician experience
The basic track provides an essential foundation for new technicians and an overview for seating and positioning, CRT wheelchairs, and power programming introduction:
- Battery, Electronics & Motor Theory and Troubleshooting
- Manual & Tilt-in-Space Manual Wheelchairs and Scooter Components and Troubleshooting
- Joysticks and Basic Programming
- Repair Documentation Requirements
Advanced Track - Best suited for technicians with more than two years of rehab industry technician experience
The advanced track provides an extensive, in-depth program for experienced rehab techs with an understanding of basic electronics, programming, seating, and positioning:
- Complex Rehab Manual & Power Wheelchair Components and Troubleshooting
- Powerchair Powered Seating Repair
- Advanced Programming & Specialty Controls (R-Net, Curtis, Dynamic)
- Basic Seating & Position, including Manual Wheelchair Seating Basics and Seating Adjustments Basics
- Repair Documentation Requirements
Vendor Partner Parts Discount
Additional parts discounts are available to members who have sent a tech to Tech Training:
- MK Battery: Additional 5%
- Motion Concepts*: Additional secondary discount of 5% if paid within terms
*Denotes U.S. Rehab exclusive vendor
DMERT Certification Exams
DMERT Certification Exams are in-person, hands-on exams, which provide a candidate the opportunity to prove their skills and earn DMERT Certification. DMERT Certification is a benchmark for DME and complex rehab repair standards developed through industry collaboration. U.S. Rehab and FIOS DME Repair Training are teaming up to complete the in-person testing exams. DMERT Level 1 and DMERT Level 2 exams will be available.
Cost for DMERT Certification
- DMERT Level 1: $350
- DMERT Level 2: $400
Significant discounts are available to VGM and U.S. Rehab Members! Call U.S. Rehab prior to purchase for your discount code at 800-987-7342.
Dates and Locations for DMERT Certification Level 1 and 2 Exams
At this time, there are no upcoming DMERT Certification Exams available. Check back soon for updates!
Online Tech Training
If sending techs to an onsite training is not an option, U.S. Rehab provides an alternative with our online Tech Training programs.