U.S. Rehab understands the importance of properly trained personnel, including your wheelchair repair technicians.
U.S. Rehab Tech Training is two-day, in-person seminar about power and manual wheelchair repair. Technical trainers from MK Battery, Motion Concepts, Permobil, Permobil Manual Wheelchairs (TiLite), Sunrise Medical, FIOS DME Repair Training and Avid Rehab will present product specifics, basic repair strategies, troubleshooting, and programming. Tech Training attendees will have the choice between a beginner/intermediate track and an advanced track.
NOTE: In order to attend on-site Tech Training, you must be a member of VGM or U.S. Rehab
Upcoming Dates and Locations for Tech Training
September 14-15 | Waterloo, IA
Click here to learn more and register.
Cost for Tech Training
- U.S. Rehab Members: $450
- VGM Members: $500
- Identify the tools that a wheelchair technician needs to rapidly correctly diagnose and perform repairs on manual and power wheelchairs.
- Explain the operation of the major electrical components used in wheelchair controllers.
- Demonstrate the procedures necessary to trouble shoot electrical issues with wheelchair electronics.
- Select and inspect batteries for the DME industry.
VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer CEUs for this program. Class size is limited to ensure one-on-one intensive training.
How Do You Know Which Tech Training Track To Take?
Beginner/Intermediate Track - Best suited for techs with less than three years of experience
The Beginner/Intermediate track provides a basic foundation for new technicians and an overview for seating and position, CRT wheelchairs, and power programming introduction.
This track contains information on:
- Manual equipment repairs, adjustments and other major aspects
- Power foundation basic electronics and programming
- CRT manual equipment set up and adjustments
- Seating basics
Advanced Track - Best suited for techs with 3+ years of experience and prospective ATPs
The advanced track provides an extensive in-depth program for experienced rehab techs with an understanding of basic electronics, programming, seating and positioning. This track contains information on:
- Power equipment: Programming specifics for various electronics platforms and set up for complex rehab settings from proportional controls to switch controls, drive systems and external control options and set up.
Manufacturer Parts Discount
Additional parts discounts are available to members who have sent a tech to Tech Training:
- MK Battery: Additional 5%
- Motion Concepts: Additional secondary discount of 5% if paid within terms*
- Permobil: Additional 6% on parts, not to exceed 16%*
*Denotes U.S. Rehab exclusive vendor
DMERT Certification Exams
DMERT is a one-day, in-person exam meant to set the benchmark for DME and Complex Rehab repair training standards through industry collaboration. U.S. Rehab and FIOS DME Repair Training are teaming up to complete the in-person testing exams. DMERT Level 1 and DMERT Level 2 exams will be available
Cost for DMERT Certification
- DMERT Level 1: $350
- DMERT Level 2: $400
Upcoming Dates and Locations for DMERT Certification Level 1 and 2 Exams
Please check back for future certification exam opportunities.
Online Tech Training
If sending techs to an onsite training is not an option, U.S. Rehab provides an alternative with our online Tech Training programs.