Congress Sneaks in Omnibus Package Just Before the Holidays
on December 20, 2022
As we are rounding out 2022, Congress has gifted the industry once more before the holidays. The language for the end-of-the-year package (omnibus) was released this morning, and it includes many sections that support the DME/HME industry. It includes all the following:
- Stop the PAYGO payment (4%) for 2023
- Section 4139 - Payment rates for durable medical equipment under the Medicare program
- Section 4113 - Advancing telehealth beyond COVID-19 (through Dec 31, 2024)
- Section 4139 - Extending Acute Hospital Care at Home waivers and flexibilities
- Section 4133 - Medicare Coverage of certain Lymphedema compression treatment
- Section 4136 - Technical amendments to Medicare separate payment for disposable negative pressure wound therapy devices
Read the full Omnibus language
While we are pleased to see some of the provisions we as an industry pushed to have included in the omnibus language, nothing is guaranteed until after being voted upon by the Senate and House.
VGM Government Relations will keep an eye out and report back to Congress’ decisions as the details are released. Thank you and good work to all our members that reached out, emailed, met with, and wrote to their legislators.
- vgm government